Fans of Australian Masterchef can unleash the squee, as one of the three judges will be in the Durban leg of the Good Food & Wine Show. He’ll likely have the obligatory bunny chow and I look forward to finding out how he eats that without getting it on his suit. 😉
George Calombaris – Image Supplied
The local headlining celebs and chefs will be:
The Giggling Gourmet, author, magazine writer, radio and TV presenter, celebrity chef, teacher, caterer and culinary tour guide.
Lead singer for MiCasa who seems to enjoy food as much as singing. No complaints here.
Cape Town based private chef who has a 13-part Food Network TV series Private Chef.
First food blogger to have cookbooks published and have her own cooking show.
Effusive presenter of Siba’s Table debuted in 2013, food editor for Drum magazine.
This year the show will have some new elements introduced, inspired by theme, ‘Fresh’. Also new this year is that entry to the celebrity chefs theatre and other theatres will be included in the ticket price (with seating available on a first come, first served basis). A list of the new stuff:
- Chefs Table: unique and exclusive masterclasses with the headline chefs.
- A new wine theatre in which leading sommeliers and wine makers teach the art of their craft.
- A new and exciting theatre called the Cake Deco Lab
Details of the show:
The Good Food & Wine Show Durban
Dates: Friday October 28 to Sunday, October 30.
Celebrity Chefs: George Calombaris, Jenny Morris, Siba Mtongana, Sarah Graham, Neill Anthony and J Something. More chefs will be announced shortly
Venue: Durban Exhibition Centre, 11 Walnut Road, Durban
Hours: Friday, October 28, and Saturday, October 29, 10:00-21:00; Sunday, October 30, 10:00-18:00
- Early bird: R85
- Adults: R100 at the door
- Students: R70
- Age 13-18: R50
- Children under 12: Free
- Senior citizens: R70. Free entry on Friday, October 28.
- Weekend pass: R150
- International chef table: R800
- Local chef table: R300
Wine Tasting Prices:
- Wine Combo Ticket: R130 (Includes show entry, wine tasting glass and five wine tasting vouchers)
- Wine Glass and tasting: R 50 (Includes GFWS glass to keep and five tasting vouchers)
Tickets: Available through Computicket (www.computicket.com) or at the door. Visit www.goodfoodandwineshow.co.za for further details.