The Durban Valentine’s Day specials list is heeeere! Indulge to your romantic heart’s content with the list below. There’s something in there to suit any budget – from posh nosh to free gigs! Click on the names for event and booking details.
Dinner & Romance
If you just want to eat a great meal with your beloved, here’s your options:
- A three course menu, oysters and bubbly await at Cafe1999 for R495 per person
- Dinner for two at the Beverly Hills’ Sugar Club restaurant, 5 courses at R1200 per person
- All Olive & Oil venues are offering three courses and champagne on arrival, R395 per person
- A four course menu and bubbles at the Chef’s Table is sure to be a winner, R595 per person
- Jack Salmon Glenashley offering a seafood feast, from R350 per person
- Four courses, live music and bubbly at Greedy Buddha, R349 per person
- Atasca is doing three courses and bubbly for R299 per person
- Rain Farm Lodge offers a romantic four course dinner, including bottle of wine, and if you book to stay, your partner stays free!
- The Tropicana Hotel on North Beach (which is a seriously hidden gem by way of good nosh) is offering a buffet Valentines Dinner, including bubbly, for R495 per couple
- Little Havana is offering a three course meal and complimentary cocktail at R395 per person
Add a Little Music
- Indulge in a buffet dinner & dance at Vasco‘s at the Hilton Hotel, R495 per person
- A three course meal dinner and dance at Café Vacca Matta on Florida Road is on offer, for R300 per person
- Buffet dinner and dance at the Coastlands Musgrave includes live DJ and is R450 per person
- Enjoy live music at the Kloof Country Club with the Kickstands on Valentine’s day, including 3 course meal, for R250 per person
- Live music by The Get Up at S43 and entrance is free!
- Arno Carstens will be crooning from 8pm at the Rockwood Theatre at Sibaya Casino, R150 per person
- Give back in the name of love and enjoy a night of dinnering and dancing in aid of the Kloof SPCA. It will be hosted at Marilyn’s Tea House on Village Road, and includes a three course meal and welcome drinks, for R400 per person
Out on the Water
Whatever floats your boat (or gondola) this Valentine’s Day!
- Go cruising around the harbour with La Vue Floating Restaurant’s Valentine’s dinner cruise, 4 courses, live band and champagne on arrival, R1100 per person
- Take a 25 minute gondola cruise along the dockside with Zulu Moon Gondolas, and enjoy live music, a rose and chocolates
Something a little different
- Enjoy a romantic picnic on the beach at the Khaya Beach Club on the Bluff, with a three course set menu for R200 per person
- How about an open air movie? Pretty Woman will be showing at Chris Saunders Park for R95 per person and Titanic will be silvering up the screen at the Durban Botanic Gardens at R20 per kids and R80 per adult.
- Take the train! The Holiday Express will be heading to Salt Rock, taking you to a three course dinner under the stars by the sea, including welcome drink, for R690 per person