I have had to take a brief hiatus from blogging due to heavy work commitments but I’m back in action, folks! Expect regular updates so check in often. Also resuming is the regular weekend events post that I publish every Friday morning, starting with this one. This weekend you can pretty much get all your festival shopping done in one fell swoop. And the quality of stuff that is sold at these markets makes it really easy to support small and local.
Right, so here is your handy list for every market happening in Durban this weekend:
- Durban Night Market at the Docklands Hotel – nice vibe, mostly about the yummy food, corner of Point & Browns Road
- Deutsche Scule Durban Christmas Market, 34 Stafford Road, Cowies Hill – it’s their annual Christmas fair and filled with yummy German treats. It wil be on from 5pm.
- I heart market – great for unique hand made goodies and a great spot by the stadium.
- Shongweni Farmers market – the weekly regular, filled with local produce treasures
- Essenwood Market – another weekly regular filled with craft, food, souvenirs and other bits and bobs.
- Litchi Orchard Market
- Crowhurst Christmas Market, 74 Everton Road, Kloof
- The Meeting Tree – this is a fairly new one and looks like fun so if you are in the area, swing by, its at B5 Kassier Road, Shongweni
- Hillcrest Country Market – this will take place at the Hillcrest Primary School hall and is the first time this market is happening, it’s brad spanking new!
- Mazarat Farmers Market – this one is up in Waterfall and great for families. It’s close to my heart because the premises is host to an animal shelter and you can meet some of the doggies who live there, they will be roaming around the market, it’s just off Brakenhill Road, Waterfall
Just in case you are all marketed out, there’s a few other fun things to go enjoy:
- The Craft Beer Festival at Chris Saunders park is happening on Saturday. That looks to be quite epic.
- Goodluck is launching their new album at Live The Venue on Saturday night. There music is just wonderful and its great to see SA performers doing well!
- And finally, also on Saturday, the Alliance Francaise Durban, on Windermere Road, is hosting a chilled live jazz lunch.
Do you have any events you want me to list in future? You can leave your details in the comments section or contact me here. I want to thank Nicola Meyer for her post here which helped contribute some info to this one.